The e-invoices used for WeCom verification have been changed to blockchain-based general e-invoices
1. What is a blockchain-based general e-invoice?
A blockchain-based general e-invoice (hereinafter referred to as “general e-invoice”) is a kind of e-invoice that has the same legal effect, fulfills the same purpose, and is subject to the same regulations as a general VAT invoice printed under the supervision of taxation authorities. It can serve as an effective supporting document for reimbursement, complaint and warranty.
For more information, see “2018 No.11 Announcement of Shenzhen Tax Service, State Taxation Administration” https://shenzhen.chinatax.gov.cn/sztax/xxgk/tzgg/201808/94390f5be3f345ec9972467a68a0749b.shtml
2. What information is required when I apply for a general e-invoice?
Please provide the information as indicated in the general e-invoice application page below:
3. What are the benefits of a general e-invoice?
1) Paperless, low energy consumption, easy to query and store;
2) Faster invoicing;
3) Saves mailing cost and reduces the risk of invoice return;
4) Re-printable at any time to avoid the failure of reimbursement due to loss or damage.
4. Can a general e-invoice be used for reimbursement?
If a printed invoice is required by the voice issuer or recipient, a paper-based copy in a fixed layout can be printed for the general e-invoice. The printed copy has the same legal effect, fulfills the same purpose, and is subject to the same regulations as a general VAT invoice printed under the supervision of taxation authorities. If you are not sure whether an e-invoice can be used for reimbursement, contact your company’s finance personnel before application.
5. Can I apply for a printed VAT invoice after a general e-invoice is already issued?
No. Similarly, issuing a general e-invoice after issuance of a printed VAT invoice is not allowed.
6. I selected general e-invoice when applying for WeChat verification. Can I change the invoice type before the issuance of invoice after the verification is completed?
This is not supported. The general e-invoice is automatically issued by the system, and is non-modifiable once the verification is completed. Please select the invoice type carefully when you applying for verification.
7. When will the general e-invoice be issued after verification?
A general e-invoice will be issued within about 8 business days after the completion of verification.
8. Where can I download the invoice after its issuance?
You can download it in “My Company” -> “Company Information” -> “WeCom Verification” -> “View Order” in the admin console.
9. How can I authenticate the issued general e-invoice?
You can authenticate a general e-invoice in the following ways:
Log in to the official website of Shenzhen Tax Service, State Taxation Administration (http://shenzhen.chinatax.gov.cn/), and go to “Query” -> “Invoice Authentication”;
In WeChat, follow the Official Account “Shenzhen Tax Service”, go to “WeChat Tax Service” -> “Invoice Management” -> “Blockchain-based E-invoice Authentication”.
10. What should I do if the downloaded e-invoice cannot be opened?
This is usually caused by the damage of the downloaded PDF file. It is recommended to open it directly with Google Chrome or another PDF viewer. You can also open it on another PC. Please download the file directly in the verification details page.